Puffin Promo - initial ideas and typeface

I wanted to do promotional posters for the books anyway, but after feedback from the crit - it was really re-inforced how important the promotional side of it was. I feel this will make it feel like a more complete brief.

From general knowledge, the most common places where I see book promotion is posters in train stations, bus stations and on bus shelters etc. so I looked at common compositions;





As promotional composition isn't the thing i'm paying most attention to in this brief - I have taken inspiration from these. Below are initial ideas for the layouts.


To keep in line with the actual products, I didn't want all the type on the posters to be computer rendered ones - so I drew out a basic typeface that I can use.
The main use for this will a quote from each story at the bottom of the posters - to give a 'hint' into each story.

No comments:

Post a Comment