Poster to print

Having cut up/moved around/stuck etc. over and over with the poster layouts, I finally has 2 that I was happy with. Once that was done I needed to make them digitally - while still keeping the hand-crafted quality.
When I tried photographing them, they just looked really flat. So I scanned them in the hope that it would retain some of the shadow and hand-crafted quality.

The first piece below works okay but there isn't really much space to add information to it and the 'NYC Pride' in the middle doesn't look as good as i'd hoped, whereas the second one has plenty of space for information and I can play around with the colour of the type.



Having produced a layout that I was content with, I wasn't sure about the colour of the type - it worked on its own, but it wasn't working so well with the whole composition.





So, to tie in the whole 'rainbow flag'/gay pride colours, I tried it with the 6 colours and it worked better that I thought - although when all the letterforms were coloured in it looks a bit 'too much' and is pretty hard to read.



Now that the layout is complete, I think the rest of the range will move along pretty swiftly now that I have all the content.

No comments:

Post a Comment