Boxset design

Having produced the net, I knew the sizes I needed to work with - I first did some really rough initial ideas and then went on the finalise the design.



I was really happy with how it was starting to look, it was then just a case of adding colour. As all the books that were to go in the boxset with different colours, I didn't want the boxset to match a particular one so I needed a different colour - hence the first choice of pale green, but I did try out other colours (see below).

I wanted to incorporate each book into the boxset cover somehow, this was firstly done by the objects on the front - each one signifying an aspect of each story and then when it came to adding colour to the 'bunting', I chose to colour them one of the main colours off each book cover, which I think works nicely and ties it all together well.

When I was near completition with these first cover, I decided that the type/bunting on the spine was actually a little too small so I used a larger one - a copy of that on the front and top/bottom.









I decided to take two colours to print, green and purple - I am pretty sure I will use the green one, but it means that I can make up two different coloured and potentially take them both to the final crit and request their feedback.






No comments:

Post a Comment