Best Picture evaluation

My main reason for doing this brief was to really focus on type as image. It is something I wanted to do in the previous module where I wrote the ‘lyrics and type’ brief, which I ended up terminating and I originally stated that I would take it up again for this module but as time went by, I realised there wasn’t really a context for it. For that reason, I wrote the Best Picture Drive-in Season brief so that I could produce film posters, working with quotes from the film to incorporate type as image.
I feel the quality of the posters is my main strength here; not specifically in terms of printing but more in terms of image quality. Also, similar to the puffin books - they all look different but by sticking to certain design constraints, they all work as a set.
My weakness is probably the actual copy type on some of the leaflets and promotional pieces. This aspect of type is something I don’t really work with very much and its not something I would say I am particularly skilled in.

No comments:

Post a Comment