Book covers...on books.

While passing through town for some 'bits' that I needed, I came across some cheap books that looked like my book covers would fit on, although they would need cutting down to fit them correctly. Embarrassingly the books were 'how to win the x factor' and I bought 5 of them, so I looked a little too dedicated to the idea of 'winning'.

As I had just come across the book by chance, it wasn't a dead certainty that the covers would fit (specifically on the spine because I can't cut that down!) but thankfully they did fit. I had printed these covers at home due to the ones I printed in the digital dungeon coming out the wrong colour, so they were a little smaller than originally intended, however it worked for the better in this case.











I'm happy with how they look and it makes them much more legitable now they're on an actual book (although up close, the edges look a little rough because of having the trim the actual book.) Also, these covers are matte and while I was crafting them, I realised a silk/glossy stock would probably work better so I will re-cover these books and cover the other 2 with a more glossy stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment