Drive in leaflets.

When it came to designing a leaflet, I was slightly concerned that I could completely ruin with my somewhat lack of knowledge for successful type layout etc. but after visiting Leeds tourist information centre, I noticed they had a section for 'Theatre and Cinema' so I took some inspiration from existing leaflets that I quite liked the layout - after looking at the type size etc. I feel I haven't done a particularly bad job and I'm personally happy with it.

The design below would just be used as a double sided leaflet but I do intend to produce a programme which is likely to be A3 folded down to A5.



Evidently with the first example I went for a generic centred composition but I didn't like the thought of how much negative space would be left and it limited the space I would have for other text - so I decided to go for 2 columns, left aligned.



I then put took some of the important information and put into on a slimmer leaflet that could be used in other contexts.



As a trial piece, I printed them out black and white to make sure all the type was readable and the layout worked etc. and I'm content with the result.








No comments:

Post a Comment