Bookmarks

When it came to designing bookmarks for the Roald Dahl collection, I was somewhat clear on what I wanted - I didn't want to just do the generic strip format (not that there is anything wrong with this) but I wanted the artwork to be seen, even when the book was closed so I have gone for the kind of paper-clip format.




Commonly these are made out of metal but due to time and lack of material, I can't make them out of metal but on the flimsy paper mock ups it still worked so I don't think making them out of a thick stock will be an issue.

Below is the template that I used in order to keep them all the same size - I was originally going to have different shapes on tops of all of them, but I decided that having the same overall shape for them all gave it a more unified look.


As the book mark is double sided, I didn't want to have the same thing on both sides but I also didn't want to have a blank side - so one side is for each different book and on the back is the collection title to group them all.







No comments:

Post a Comment