Ted Baker brief rethink (Now Identity London)

I knew the deadline for YCN was approaching (25th March I believe) but I had been concentrating on other briefs as I wasn't really enthusiastic about the Ted Baker brief.

I started doing a little research for it, looking into possible design directions and existing material for the brand and the more I looked at...the more I realised I don't think there is any point in producing work to submit to the competition when I don't feel that my design practice suits the brand.

So! For that reason, I have changed the brief. I still wanted a promotional brief, focusing on watches but I wanted to try and include packaging and relate it to a brand more suited to my design practice. For this reason I have chosen to work with the brand Identity London. There is very limited material about the brand (actually, I can't find any on the internet) but their watches are sold in argos and other online retailers. The reason I have to chosen this brand is because I like some of their coloured watches as they are kind of like a cheap version of the expensive, very well known brand Toy.

There is very little promotional material for the range of watches and the existing packaging is very simple so it gives me the chance to work with packaging aswell.


No comments:

Post a Comment