Courses/Continuous line

I began the 'continuous line' idea on the initial ideas for the poster; I chose it as it means that everything produced with the continuous line has that as a link - as if you lined them all up they could create a huge continuous line.

I worked with continous line way back in the first year for visual language 'What is a line?' - that brief didn't really have a concept or anything but in my opinion it works well here. Also, the fact its hand-rendered relates it to the fact this in an art institution and many things are at least started with hand-drawn images.

Below shows the different ways I worked with the continuous line. As it is for signage legibility/readibility is very important and at first I found this quite difficult (Evident in the first 2 below) The latter examples, I feel, are a lot more legibile as the whole letterform is there.








Below I have put all the different courses into the lists of which building they are at - the type of course it is i.e. BA (Hons) will be added above each course name in Clarendon.

(Courses at Blenheim)
(Courses at Vernon St)

No comments:

Post a Comment