EOYS Initial tagline/poster ideas

When reassessing the briefs that I was doing, I realised I was focusing on self initiated projects (i.e. New York and Oscar films) when the deadline for competition briefs is nearing, therefore I started on the End of year show promo ideas. I wanted to focus on a tagline that attracts attention - like last years 'Fresh out of the box'.

'State of the art'



The idea behind this phrase is that the phrase 'state of the art' is defined as meaning 'the most recent and therefore considered the best; up-to-the-minute' which I think is relevant and promotes it as a positive event, however - it is generally used in reference to technology/science so the illustration would need to communicate the 'art' side.

'To be continued'



The idea behind this was that the work/talent seen at the show will continue once we have graduated. I do like this idea but I think it might work better as part of another, overarching idea - i.e. put the quote above the doors where you leave the building to show it doesn't stop there.

'This is only the beginning' - 'This is not the end'

I didn't think much to these ideas and I recognise the 'This is only the beginning' so I think it might have been used before? Also, I kind of have the same issue with the 'This is not the end' idea as I did with the 'To be continued' one - it may work better with something else.

'The next big things'

In my opinion this works quite well, in a similar way to the 'state of the art' line, as its defined as 'the new rage; the latest fad or trend, esp. in a particular field'.
However, the well known phrase is just 'The next big thing' - so my idea is to used computer generated type for 'The next big thing' and add a hand-drawn 'S' at the end, to make it the next big thingS as its talking about a group.
The idea of using computer type with hand-drawn images/type could then work across signage etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment