Paprika / Moxie Sozo

Annabelle
Designed by Paprika | Country: Canada
Great Illustrations, and hand drawn package designs from Paprika.



I really liked these packaging designs by Paprika when I first saw them, but the more I look at the pink one in particular, it reminds me of old talcum powder bottles that my nana used to have. I think its mainly the colour that reminds me of talcum powder; I think they might actually be powder packaging but I'm still not keen on the colour choices. If I look past the colour - I like the actual content of the design - very delicate and feminine, appropriate for a girly bathroom.


EatPastry
Designed by Moxie Sozo | Country: United States
“Founded by two chefs, EatPastry hired Moxie Sozo to help position the brand in Whole Foods and other natural products stores. Through the combination of French and raw food cooking techniques, the company has redefined the concept of healthy desserts. EatPastry asked Moxie Sozo to create a strong personality that would help differentiate their brand from competitors in the refrigerated aisle of the grocery store. The Art Deco-influenced packaging was illustrated by hand in deference the small-batch, gourmet nature of the product. A year after launch, EatPastry continues to thrive and the packaging has been featured in numerous books, magazines and blogs.”





This packaging for Eat Pastry is a particularly good example of food packaging; the art-deco influence is clearly evident but it is has definately got a modern twist to it which makes it totally relevant for todays market. It looks a lot more sophisticated than the typical dessert packaging we see in supermarket freezers. The variety of type designs all combined in one design work beautifully and make you want to read it all and look at the packaging as a whole - instead of just reading the name and maybe the ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment