Winter's Bone - Poster dislike and Book covers

After doing a little more research into ideas for Winter's Bone, I found a forum topic on IMDB titled 'Winter's bone promotional poster. What the hell were they thinking?'

The general jist of the conversation is that some of the people who have seen the film, think it promotes the film totally wrong:
Cypherven says:
'I've never seen a poster so inaccurate for a movie, the average moviegoer who doesn't know anything about this movie would think it's a horror or even a fantasy film, just look at it, the boat, the river, the stylized picture of Jennifer Lawrence, the washed out colors...'

Audioliquor says:
'I totally agree...Even showing her sitting on the porch while her siblings jumping on the trampoline would have been a better choice... I almost didn't want to see the movie because of the stupid poster...'

Anthropo says:
'when I first saw it I thought of something like "Escape From Witch Mountain" or something. '

Cellphonefred says:
'After seeing the film, I think that a more effective and memorable poster would be a photograph taken of Jennifer Lawrence sitting on the bench just outside of the sheriff's office with the plastic grocery bag in her lap. '

One used (tristanbk) expressed that they felt the french film poster was more accurate, and if so, this is great for me because the type used in this one is beautiful!


After finding out the other film posters weren't seen as particularly relevant, I looked at some of the existing book covers. Judging by what some of the IMDB users said, I don't see how the first one would be that relevant either but I quite like the second one, with the simple imagery. However, I do think I will be taking most inspiration for the french film poster.




No comments:

Post a Comment