NYC pop up's 3

The previous pop up ideas work well, but when people open an invitation or a card - it is usually portrait and the previous designs only work when it is opened upwards, landscape. Therefore I wanted to look at how I could make something pop up in a portrait fold.

1.



1. This mock up was just to see how the 'flaps' needs to be positioned for it to actually stand up and fold well.

2.

2. This is using exactly the same techinque as the one above but I tried cutting letters out and a 'pattern' to stand in front...I soon realised that 1) the card would need to be a lot more sturdy to hold up the 'pattern' at the front and letters need to be joined to make it stand up as, on this one, the N and the C don't have anything supporting them.

3.

3. Having learnt that the letters needed to be connected, I worked with a slightly larger piece to stand up and connected all the rough letters - I feel it worked well.

4.



4. I took the previous idea slightly further and added a rough skyline in the background and as a rough tryout, I am really happy with it! I think when more care is taken over the type, illustration and construction it could work really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment