Alternate Inception Posters

As I mentioned on my previous post about Inception, there are a lot of 'fan art' examples of posters out there, and below are some of my favourites...

1. 2. 3.

4. 5. 6.

7. 8.

1. Rodol Forever
2. Rodol Forever - Both of these pieces by Rodol Forever are clearly inspired by Saul Bass and they also remind of the other Leonardo Dicaprio film 'Catch me if you can'...and I believe those posters were inspired by Saul Bass too. Bass' work is clearly inspiring for many people but for my personal design direction, I don't think I will be going forward with it.
3. Super Punch - I have posted a previous example of their work, an alternate Black Swan poster and although I found negatives in the Black Swan piece, but I do like it better than this Inception piece. There are aspects of it that I like, mainly the composition of the man and his shadow looking up at the bigger face but I don't really like the flat colour.
4. Frodo Design Store - This poster might make more sense to me if I'd seen the film i.e. the icons used in the head, but the silhouettes of the heads are clearly relevant and you can tell who they are just from other pieces of promo for the film. Personally, I do like the colour of this one but I'm not sure how relevant it is to the film.
5. David Ryan Andersson - I like this one for the layout and colour; how it successfully combines 5 different images to make one as they all kind of merge into each other while being completely different colours. The one aspect that I'm not sure about is the type, I feel its too 'light'.
6. Dioxyde - I really like this one and in contrast to Super Punch one, I think the main, flay colour works well due to the tone as its not as vivid as the previous one. The simple, vector imagery of the thimbles is really nice.
7. Laz Marquez - The Dioxyde one and this one are my favourites out of all the examples above. I love the colour and the imagery of the fun with silhouettes of people. The one thing I don't really 'get' is why 'Inception' couldn't have gone on one line, but it is still readable...if you have heard of the film!
8. NeilMakesArt - I do like this poster to look at but it is a lot more detailed, somewhat confusing and 'info-graphic' like for my design practice, so I tend to appreciate this style from afar!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I just stumbled onto your blog and was really excited to see that my poster (#5) made it onto your list.

    I appreciate your thoughts on it and completely agree that the type is the weakest part.

    Anyway, great blog, I'm a huge geek when it comes to movies and posters.

    Thanks,
    David Ryan Andersson

    ReplyDelete