Illustrative book covers

Below is a collection of book covers I have found that, in my opinion, work really well and appear to be mainly handcrafted.

The first example is by Owen Gildersleeve, an illustrator which I have posted about before - its a nice example of how papercrafting can work on a book - admittedly I don't think its the most successful of the covers below but it contains all the relevant info I just feel it could have maybe used a little more colour.

The next four examples - the main aspect that I like about those is how the type works to give an object shape i.e. the hat could look like a flat black shape but the curve of the type makes it look curved and the layout of the type on the girls back is still readable but is quite image like.

The following examples are simply examples of what I feel are 'nice' illustrative book covers. I particularly like the simplicity of the Tennessee Williams cover and it has quite a childlike quality to it.








No comments:

Post a Comment