Black Swan - Feather inspiration

As I mentioned previously, feathers would be a large inspiration in my idea generation for the Black Swan work. It just so happens that I have found some nice examples of existing work using type and feathers.

Below: Lily piyathaisere
I found this on Behance. The type is completely readable and I assume it is based on a common script font. It is executed beautifully and it isn't too 'in your face' with the feather idea, it is quite discreet.



1. 2. 3.

1. Designed by Op Hop (taken from Behance) - I like this because its is so obvious that its type made out of feathers - it seems quite playful and the colours are beautiful. Although I really like it, for the subject of Black Swan, I don't think playfulness is too appropriate.
2. HandMadeFont.com - I like this for the same reason as the Flash Mob one - that it is so clearly feathers. The colour and crafting make it slightly less playful and more 'soft and delicate'. I like how, on both 1. and 2. that they have little hints of feather around the edge to give it a border
3. Not sure who design it - Having seen the film, this typography is probably the most relevant as there is a recurring idea in the film of feathers breaking through the lead dancers skin and on this type, it is almost as if the feathers are just breaking out of the type as it isn't completely made of feathers. Very beautifully executed.

No comments:

Post a Comment