NYC pop up's 1

Before I could really start designing for actual pop ups...I needed to know how to use them.
I haven't looked at particularly difficult pop up techiniques, I just wanted to work with relatively basic ones so that the focus would be on the design/graphics, as opposed to really complicated pop up construction.

1.



1. The first thing I learnt from this was to not fold the paper before cutting - as it just puts a fold through the lettering.

2.



2. The actual lettering on this one worked better than I expected - but as the first image shows, when its folded, the letters come higher than the un-cut paper, so it 'sticks out' - this would need to be addressed.

3.



3. Same problem as before, I made the pop out deeper and it once again came above the un-cut paper. Also, the 'D' in 'pride' wasn't attached to anything so it wouldn't have stood up if I didn't keep it slightly attached to the 'I' but it looks bad!

4.



4. I managed to overcome the 'when folded it comes higher than the un-cut paper' issue by getting my measurements right.

These work fine, but they may be a little simple...

No comments:

Post a Comment