True Grit - Western inspiration

Knowing that True Grit was a remake of the 1969 version, I have looked at some of the previous posters.

The first one doesn't really communicate 'western' to me but I do like the layout. The second and third examples do just with there choice of colour and especially the type used on the second example.




To reinforce the western inspiration I looked at a few more, typically 'western' looking pieces of work. There is definately a strong link in colour use like the washed out, stained background and black/dack brown image/type.
The 3:10 to yuma piece is a pretty recent example of work and I really like the textures that it uses and monotone image.

The bottom examples are, I feel, a more 'modern' take on a western idea, especially the last one in its use of colour. The colour isn't something I will be taking inspiration from but I like the typefaces.






No comments:

Post a Comment