One on one project surgery

At this stage of the last module...I don't think I'd really got anywhere, I was just changing my mind all the time and as a result of that - wasting my time. My statement of intent was relatively vague so brief writing was hard and I wasn't sure what I should have been getting out of the briefs.

Therefore, I knew that I needed to be more sure of myself when it came to this project surgery and thankfully I was. I had 5 briefs (3 quite substantial and 2 kind of short ones) and my statement of intent.

I had my tutorial today with Lorenzo and I was even more focused when I came out of it, which was beneficial!

Issues raised/discussed:

- My position statement was clear and simple enough, but after talking about paper crafting, it was decided I should add format to the end of it, therefore it is now:
'Driven by hand crafted type and image with an interest in packaging, print and format'

- My rationale was a bit 'rambley' - It could definately be simplified; just pick out the ket points.

- Key words from rationale should also go in the subjects/themes section, words such as; hand crafting, simple etc.

- Design context brief - I clearly haven't focused on this much but we clarified a potential title so that I can start working towards it and deciding on chapters. The title is:
'A hand crafted investigation of type and image' - from this I could still have chapters on packaging etc. and relate them to type and image on packaging.

- In terms of the briefs that I've written, I need to clarify the 'Concept/proposition' and 'Mandatory requirements section'. I was always at a loss when it came to these sections so I was happy that Lorenzo clarified them from me -
Concept/proposition - the problem.
Mandatory requirements - the answers.

- If I want to do the D&AD body shop brief...but don't want to feel restricted by the body shop mandatories, I could change it to produce packaging for a more youthful competitor.

- The lyrics and type brief is ok, but it needs more of a 'reason' behind it. I put 'prints for a fictional gallery' but it potentially be something like - 'images to be used alongside the artist when they perform at ?? festival'...

- I need another lengthier brief and a collaborative one.

All in all, it was quite a short project surgery but I got a lot out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment