Sean Freeman

I came across Sean Freeman's work a while ago when he did a cover for Computer Arts projects, but his site was a little confusing to navigate and get images from so I couldn't put his work on my context blog...however, its changed a little now I think and there's even more work on.
I really like the 'real life' feel to Freeman's work and how some of the pieces are quite literal ideas, but they're executed so well, like the 'hot' and 'creamy' pieces.
His work has a very hands on feel to it (no pun intended with the This is england piece!) but its a lot different from the hand crafted work of designers like Julian Vallee.

I think the first example below (Band of horses) is likely to be an illustration but the fact that it looks like a photograph due to the skilled shading etc. really bring it to life.




No comments:

Post a Comment