Wallace design house (Dustin Wallace)

The specific aspects that attracted me to Wallace Design House's work were:
- The colour palette.
- The textures.
Evidently, referring back to my previous post, it does have a vintage 'look' about it but with a contemporary twist.

The use of textures on a solid block of colour make it more visually engaging, for example the glasses piece at the bottom - I couldn't imagine that it would be as appealing if it was just solid, bright colours.



I particularly like this range of paint packaging that they designed - this really does have a retro feel to it but in contemporary society, it actually gives it a more elegant, 'expensive' look i.e. I couldn't really image this on the shelves in B&Q.




At this moment in time, I relating this source of inspiration to the Ted Baker brief I intend to do. While incorporating humour etc. the colour palette and textures give it a sophisticated feel (when used properly!) which is the requirements of the brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment