More pop up experiments

These are some slightly more developed 'pop-up-mock-ups'. Although I have enjoyed constructing fold out pop-up pieces, I'm not sure it would be viable as a promotional piece for a free event as it would be quite costly but I would like to produce a more 'complete' one - in colour etc.

This style of pop up works well as once it is opened, it is still a relatively flat image - just on different layers, which makes it easier to see everything as a whole.



I posted some images of the pop up before and initially I felt it worked quite well, but since producing a pop up using a different method, its clear that this doesn't look quite as good - the fact that the pieces have to be so angled makes it looks quite messy once opened, although I do like the composition of the skyscrapers in the background.







I then went on to tryout stand alone pieces - quite a popular papercraft technique at the moment. I was working with basic laser printer paper, so it wasn't the strongest stock but as a trial it worked fine. I am going to pursue this idea aswell, with the coloured pieces etc. and see how I can incorporate text - i.e. cut out pieces or drawn on afterwards.

Obviously, if I want to pursue this idea, photography needs to be a lot better but this was simply a means of documenting experiments.







No comments:

Post a Comment