Lady Gaga 'Drawn this way'

While I was browsing my beloved celebrity gossip websites, I came across an article that was mainly about the fact Lady Gaga has been announced as a fashion columnist for V Magazine, an American fashion magazine, but at the bottom it mentioned the magazine were holding a competition to illustrate an image of Lady Gaga to go alongside the column (the reason why is explained on the written out brief).

The competition was only announced on 29th March and the deadline was 3rd April.
I found out about it on 31st and treat it as a very short, half day brief.



I decided to base the illustration on one of her most recent looks, with the horn type things on her head (more specifically, her look at this years grammy's).



On the competition e-flyer it suggested that she should be styled as an 'editrix' so I was thinking of how to do that and I simply put her in front of a laptop - I toyed with the idea of pen and paper but that may be a little 'old school' for her, however I still put a pencil on the image, on her ear so it still has a reference to a stereotypical view of a newspaper columnist/author.







I always find it difficult when I have a white background and aren't sure what to do with it, so in this instance I used an 'in your face', highly saturated pink to reflect the fact that Lady Gaga is generally in your face - but then I didn't really like it, so I went for a less 'in your face' one, lots of thin lines so that from a distance it looks like a pale grey.



No comments:

Post a Comment